Information on Transportation
Office of Transportation
615 7th Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902
Phone: (507) 328-4260
Fax: (507) 328-4258
- I am open enrolling my child into your district. What are the responsibilities of the enrolling district regarding transportation?
- How far can a school district require a child to walk to a bus stop?
- Is the school district required to transport children who live less than 2 miles from school if there is a hazard between the home and the school?
- My child doesn’t qualify for busing. Can I pay for transportation?
- Is there a law or rule that limits the amount of time a child can spend on the school bus?
- Are there any laws and rules that limit the passenger seating on a school bus?