Your school has partnered with your child's clinic to provide the flu vaccine at school this fall. This is a fast, easy, and convenient way to keep your children, your school, and your community healthy throughout the year.
What's really important?
We will again have a FIXED registration period this year. Registration will begin online August 7th and will end on September 11th at 11:00 p.m. No registration forms will be accepted after September 11th.
The flu shot will be available, as well as a limited supply of the nasal spray (FluMist).
What else do I need to know?
- Registration is required, online preferred, but paper forms are available at school
- Non-medication pain reducing options will be offered
- Your health insurance will be billed just like it is in your clinic
- Your child can get the vaccine even if you don't have insurance at little to no cost to you
- Please remind your child the day of your school's clinic
- Make sure your child wears clothing that allows access to the upper arm, if planning to get the flu shot
Information on anything above is available at http://www.semnic.org/schoolfluclinics.aspx